Traveling to Machu Picchu by train is a spectacular journey.
Begin your day driving in the private transportation through the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas and enjoy your trip to Machu Picchu on the train with the spectacular views of the Urubamba River, leading you into the beginning of the rain forest to arrive Aguas Calientes where we are going to take the bus to Machu Picchu.
HIGHLIGHTS Machu Picchu by Train:
- Personalized service from beginning to end
- Travel and enjoy private tour of Machu Picchu with the local tour guide
- Take one of the renowned trains to Aguas Calientes with the spectacular views along the way.
DAY 1:CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
We will pick you up from your hotel early morning to drive to the train station at Ollantaytambo to board the train for the scenic train ride to Aguas Calientes. Arriving to Aguas Calientes we will take the bus to the entrance of Machu Picchu for our private tour. Long abandoned by the Incas, Machu Picchu came to international attention when it was rediscovery by Hiram Bingham in 1911 and is now considered one of the Seven Wonders of the world, its location was long known to locals. During our tour learn about our ancestors and visit all the most important areas of the lost City of the Incas, after exploring Machu Picchu take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes and after lunch board the train to Ollantaytambo train station. Transfer to your hotel in Cusco
Items that are included in the price.
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel
- Private transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station
- Round – trip train tickets between Ollantaytatambo and Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual local tour guide
- Entrance feeds to Machu Picchu
- Transfer from the train station to hotel in Cusco
Items thar are not included in this tour.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Tips and extra spending
- Price from 485 USD per person
Private tours are available and priced by party size
- Price for 2-3 guests: 565 USD per person
- Price for 4-5 guests: 520 USD per person
- Price for 6-7 guests: 495 USD per person
- Price for 8 or more guests: 485 USD per person
WHAT WE RECOMMEND BRINGING:
- Current passport is required. If your passport expired between booking and starting your tour, bring both the old and new passports!
- Short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts, fleece, thermals, wool socks, lightweight pants, warm hat
- Small pack to carry things that you will need during the day
- Rain gear or poncho
- Hiking boots with ankle support
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries die faster in cold conditions)
- Hydrating face and body lotion
- Sun block and insect repellent
- Water bottles (Nalgene or metal ones are required, plastic bottles are not allowed)
- Toilet paper and tissues
Itinerary by Juve Travel Peru: Machu Picchu by Train 1 day